Thank you for your interest in applying for a place at GIS for your child! Admission is possible throughout a school year based on the School’s schedule, the suitability of the programme for your child at the intended admission time and place availability. Please discuss this with us upon application. Just follow these simple steps!
|STEP 1 – MAKE AN APPLICATION|
|1. The Application for Admission form may be obtained from the School -or- downloaded from the School’s website, click here. Upon completion, kindly email scanned copies of the completed form to email@example.com -or-courier to us at the address on the form. If you prefer to complete an Online Application for Admission, please visit the School’s website.
2. Please ensure all documents and items listed on the checklist are forwarded to us. Additional documents may be required and this will be made known. We will begin the application process as soon as the documentation and the application fee are received.
3. As places fill up very quickly, we advise submitting an application as early as possible. Where possible, the School will try and provide a realistic assessment of the chances and possible timing for admission. However, like most international and private schools, the enrolment situation is dynamic and often unpredictable.
|STEP 2 – APPLICATION REVIEW|
|1. Applications will be reviewed taking into consideration various factors, including but not limited to, most recent and past school reports in its original language and in English, an Assessment, English language proficiency, a review of the child’s learning needs and required support, behaviour, subject options at IGCSE/A Levels, and availability of places.
2. The nature of the assessment varies for different year groups and may require meeting a member of the academic staff. Children who require learning or language support will be assessed carefully to determine whether the School is able to effectively support their needs. All forms of assessments conducted are a property of the School and will be kept private and confidential.
3. The application review and assessment process is designed to ensure that the placement of all children will best meet their educational and personal requirements.
|STEP 3 – SCHOOL’S DECISION|
|1. If the application is successful, an offer of place will be made. An offer of admission to the school is also based on the belief that a child will benefit from the curriculum offered and that his/her admission will support the education of existing students. It is possible a child is accepted on specific conditions.
2. The acceptance of the offer must be made by paying the applicable fees on or before the stipulated date on the letter of offer. The payment of the required fees in full constitutes the acceptance of a place and therein confirms the place for the child.
3. It is important to note that the placement of the child in an appropriate class is at the absolute discretion of the School, taking into consideration various factors, including the child’s gender, nationality, academic ability, level of achievement relative to the School’s current students and child’s behavior.
4. Garden International School does not provide boarding facilities, so students must be living with their parents who possess valid visas issued by the Malaysian Immigration Department. Admission to, and continued status as a student of the school, is conditional on the student possessing a valid visa as well.
5. The School reserves the right to assign priorities for admission or refuse admission for any reason we deem fit. Where places are insufficient, applications will be on a queue.
|STEP 4 – PREPARATION FOR ADMISSION|
|1. Before your child begins school, you will receive from us information such as a detailed School Calendar, List of Uniform to purchase from the School Shop, Bus Services and its routes, Parent security ID cards, Family E-mail Account details, access to the Parents’ Portal and the CCA website.
2. An Induction session will be arranged for your child; depending on his/her year group and the date of admission. This is an excellent opportunity to meet the teachers and possibly some new schoolmates too.