Let’s Cook Together!
You are the proud owner of an exclusive GIS seed package with a code to this recipe page. Have you already planted your GIS ‘magic’ okra seeds and seen them grow? If not – start soon and then you can try this recipe with your very own harvest!
We hope this recipy inspires you to get cooking with friends and family, have a great time, and enjoy eating some delicious, healthy home-cooked okra! Growing your own fruit & vegetables is a great way to #gogreen, something we really believe in here at GIS.
In case you don’t have your own seed package yet, please let us know – we’d love to give you one! Just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can get growing too!
Recipe: Grilled Okra
You only need 5 simple ingredients for this amazingly healthy and tasty dish. Make sure you have your mum or dad to cook with you, it’s more fun (and safer) when cooking together! Enjoy
- 1 lb. fresh okra, with ends trimmed (approx. 350g after trimming)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat your grill to medium-high. You can use a dual-contact indoor grill, like a George Foreman grill, a grill pan, or an outdoor grill.
- Rinse the okra and dry thoroughly.
- Place the okra in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Transfer to your hot grill. Grill until tender (approximately 5 minutes if using a George Foreman grill, or 5 minutes per side if using a grill pan or an outdoor grill).
- Enjoy your freshly-grilled okras with your favourite dip or as a side.
Happy cooking…and even happier eating!
In for some Okra-cooking? In case you don’t have your own seed package yet, please let us know – we’d love to give you one! Just let us know at email@example.com so that you can get growing too!
Credits to healthyrecipesblogs.com for this amazingly simple recipe.