The Far-Reaching Benefits of the International Award ProgrammeJuly 15, 2019
Welcome back to GIS ….and highlights from 2018-2019!August 13, 2019
Let’s Cook Together!
Hello! You’ve landed on this page because you are ready to cook some delicious okra! Make sure you have your mum or dad to cook with you.
Recipe: Grilled Okra
You only need 5 simple ingredients for this amazingly healthy and tasty dish:
- 1 lb. fresh okra, with ends trimmed (approx. 350g after trimming)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat your grill to medium-high. You can use a dual-contact indoor grill, like a George Foreman grill, a grill pan, or an outdoor grill.
- Rinse the okra and dry thoroughly.
- Place the okra in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Transfer to your hot grill. Grill until tender (approximately 5 minutes if using a George Foreman grill, or 5 minutes per side if using a grill pan or an outdoor grill).
- Enjoy your freshly-grilled okras with your favourite dip or as a side.
Happy cooking…and even happier eating!
Have you already planted your GIS ‘magic’ okra seeds and seen them grow? If not – start soon and then you can try this recipe with your very own harvest!
Credits to healthyrecipesblogs.com for this amazingly simple recipe.