Beyond the Classroom
Co-Curricular Activities (CCA)
The development of a young person’s skills and capacities in every dimension is a critical part of an education at GIS. Students are provided with a wide array of opportunities in the co-curricular programme. Each week, over 200 different activities across four specific areas — Community Service, Global Citizenship, Physical Performance and Creativity — are offered to the students. Student participation is mandatory.
We offer a very wide range of clubs and activities which take place in addition to the more traditional mainstream sporting / Music / Drama pursuits. These take place at set times after school each day.
We firmly believe that in addition to being fun for the children, this plays a vital role in developing their interpersonal/social skills and boosts their own confidence.
A wide range of co-curricular activities are available to children in all year groups, activities are published at the start of term and families can sign up to five activities per term utilising our online web-based portal.
- Critically challenge your own and people’s assumptions.
- Use imagination to explore possibilities and apply thinking to real life situations.
- Have the confidence to apply knowledge and higher order thinking skills creatively to approach complex problems.
- Are articulate, reflective and open to other people’s point of view.
- Have the confidence to express themselves and discuss ideas.
- Work independently and collaboratively to identify questions to answer and problems to solve.
Global Citizenship CCAs
- Use learning, thinking social and leadership skills.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the influence of histories, beliefs, values and perspectives in relation to individual’s and people’s cultures.
- Discuss and explore issues and events from multiple perspectives.
- Engage in community and environmental service.
Community Service CCAs
A school community that is passionate about and committed to community service that is proactive in making a lasting, positive contribution to the world.
Enriching GISKL students to ensure they are ready to take on the world as conscious, skilled, confident, well equipped and passionate global citizens.
- Improved global awareness understanding of the immediate and wider world we live in and our role within it.
- Improved perceived value of Community Service within the school and its community.
Physical Performance CCAs
Visual and Performing Arts
We pride ourselves on the quality and breadth of opportunities we provide for students in the area of visual and performing arts outside of the classroom.
Drama productions, school bands and orchestras and a number of art exhibitions both on site and in the wider KL community.
Sport and Active
Sport plays an important role in GIS’ culture and ethos. Historically, GISKL has an outstanding overall record of achievement within KL and beyond.
While winning is important, it is our mission to get as many students as possible involved and enjoying sports through our CCA, Inter-house, Academy and Dragons programme. The School’ sport programme is fully supported by the school and pathways have been established to allow the GISKL student opportunities to participate in a sporting, healthy and active programme whatever the child’s level may be.
At GIS, we bring out the best in everyone, both inside and outside of the classroom through our unique learning culture where we pursue our passions and strive for excellence; all in the spirit of respect, integrity and well being. Speak with us today to start your learning journey with GIS.
Contact us today.
|TEL||:||+603 6209 6888|
|FAX||:||+603 6201 2468|