With the closure of schools, offices and the enforcement of the Movement Control Order the pressure of all living under one roof 24/7 and external anxieties can all feel a little too much to bear at times. Covid-19 is testing our motivation, patience and stress levels in ways many of us have never experienced before, leaving us feeling out of sorts.
Try not to worry too much, you’re not alone! We’re all feeling all sorts of heightened feelings and emotions right now, which is why so many of us are turning to mindfulness apps to help relieve the strain and find a little inner peace.
Read on to discover our top 5 recommended apps:
With a growing number of happiness and mindfulness apps available, it can be hard to know where to start. To help get you on your way, as recommended by the GIS Counselling Team, here’s our pick of the top five wellness apps to boost your mood at home.
- Calm Known as the “World’s Happiest App”, Calm covers everything from sleep, meditation, music, tips for mindful movement, audio masterclasses from mindfulness experts and scenes and sounds from nature to enjoy while relaxing or studying.
- Smiling Mind Smiling Mind is a unique tool developed by psychologists and educators to help bring balance to your life with daily meditations and mindfulness exercises encouraged.
- Stop, Breathe & Think Stop, Breathe & Think as well daily meditations, the app encourages you to explore activities that are tuned into your emotions and broaden your perspectives.
- Simple Habit Simple Habit is a 5-minute meditation app designed to help busy people stress less, achieve more, and live better. Who doesn’t have 5 minutes?
- Happify A little bit different from the other apps, Happify focuses on building skills for happiness instead. Using positive psychology, CBT and games to instil long-lasting habits.
Don’t forget you’re never alone. If you’re looking to connect, pick up some new ideas and feel inspired, check out online family hub Smarter Stronger Together, full of awesome activities for parents by parents. Stay connected and join the conversation over on Facebook.
If you have any further questions on pastoral care and the wonderful support in place at Garden International School, please contact our lovely admissions team for more information at +(603) 6209 6888.
For our students, while school is physically closed, our Counselling Team is still available to chat via phone or video to lend their support. Whether you need to problem solve or need a listening ear, please feel encouraged to reach out to the team via email – firstname.lastname@example.org