We are delighted to share that six GIS Year 13 students have received offers to study at Oxford and Cambridge universities. This is a fantastic achievement, reflecting an enormous amount of hard work, tenacity and talent from these students. On behalf of the whole GIS school community, we wish to offer huge congratulations to the following:
- Ashley Chee – Chemistry, University of Oxford
- Kirsten See – Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- Muhammed Syed – Law, University of Cambridge
- Zi Yang Lim – Psychology and Behavioural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- Su Fey Ng – Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Nicole Choong – Computer Science, University of Cambridge
It is wonderful to note that Nicole, Kirsten and SuFey all received offers from Cambridge in STEM subjects: Computing, Natural Sciences, and Engineering. In addition to the GIS Oxbridge programme and Enrichment Students, these students also attended the Girls STEP CCA, a maths development programme, aimed specifically at encouraging young women at GIS into STEM based subjects at university level.
It is also important to celebrate the diverse range of courses other students have received offers for, reflecting how the GIS Sixth Form programme helps nurture and support every student to follow their individual passions. Here are just some of the very interesting pathways some of our GIS students will begin in August:
- Jacob Mills: Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Qian Hui Lee: Cordon Bleu Culinary School
- Kimberly Chew: Early Childhood Studies
- Shao-Ru Mac Interior Architecture
- Alext Marti: Aeronautics & Astrophysics
- Arianna chan: Golf scholarship at Menlo College
- Nik Kalif Kamaruddin: Digital media
At GIS, we know that success beyond school – and admission into competitive higher education programmes – isn’t just about great grades. That’s why our Sixth Form offer doesn’t just focus on academics. Our GIS Diploma ensures that every student is able to achieve success beyond the classroom – in addition to the outstanding teaching and learning happening in A Level lessons, we offer weekly subject electives, linked to each student’s talents and passions; a bespoke summer internship programme, THRIVE, again linked to their proposed studies and a fantastic student leadership programme. Our Diploma ensures that every GIS graduate really does stand out from the crowd.
In addition, we offer an outstanding higher education guidance programme. We have two, highly-experienced and passionate higher education counsellors and a fantastic application support programme which includes:
- An Oxbridge CCA. This weekly CCA, run by teachers who are Oxbridge graduates themselves, focuses on interview preparation, admissions test practice, in-depth discussions of college choices and course options, and support with writing personal statements.
- Our students benefit from regular Individual mentoring from teachers throughout their time in the Sixth Form, ensuring they get the support, advice and encouragement they need to flourish;
- Our weekly programme of extended subject/enrichment studies helps to broaden our students’ knowledge of the world, global issues and different perspectives – all useful for interviews of course, but more importantly, to succeed in life beyond GIS.
- Sixth formers benefit from extensive interview support, including practice interviews with members of the Secondary leadership team & subject specialists.
Combined, these allow every student to find their passions, prepare their applications with confidence and, ultimately, successfully apply to the courses and universities that suit them best.
Congratulations to all of our Year 13 students for their higher education offers – and to their teachers and parents who supported them throughout their academic journeys.
We are so proud of all of you.
#BornToStandOut? GIS A Level Scholarships are open now, apply today.
To learn more about the GIS Sixth Form experience, please click here.